Thursday, March 09, 2006

5 Poems

"I have neglected your love"

I have neglected your love
I have your love
Your love has neglected me
I am your love
Me, I,
your love
neglected
Neglected I have or have I
I
Have
Or have
I
have
your love
I am your love
I have neglected me.

-Maria Gonzalez, age 16


"I am"

I am from Laban St.
I am from the room that I don’t like, dragon pictures on the door, and the orphaned kitten me and my mother tried so hard to rescue from starvation.
I am from Laurel Hill.
I am from playing make-shift baseball in a crumbling driveway with the kids from second floor and using a leaf, a crack and a rock as bases.
I am Wallace St.
I am from the untamed rhododendron bush that was such a good place to imagine and
the basement floor I used to draw chalk pictures on.
I am from Webster Ave.
I am from Katrina’s pit-bull puppies, the funny fruit trees, the biggest maple tree on the block and going to Marissa’s house.
I am from a moving van.
I am from “AAAH! Mom, there’s a giant bug in the bathroom!!!” and seeing my first Rhode Island mosquito at the rest stop.
I am from the road.
I am from losing a frightened cat and then finding her again.
I am from Georgetown.
I am from the backyard where I learned to cartwheel
and the one where I caught a bull frog.
I am from the middle of nowhere and the trailer that came with it.
I am from the road.
I am from a moving-out room and “I’m not gonna move and you can’t make me!”
I am from Wayland, Massachusetts.
I am from grinding away on the sidewalk in my first set of blades, the Winnie-the-Pooh story book I found under the Christmas tree, and the garage band my dad had.
I am from…
I am from…
Where am I from again?

- Elizabeth Keith, Age 15



"My Life"

And then there’s that time when her father died
However I think of it, it was a big part of my life
Yesterday still haunts me but it doesn’t keep me
Away from tomorrow.
- Jessica Frias, Age 15


"The Structure of a Woman's Silence"

Abandoned

Safely

Remote from her own experience

Reflecting negatively

About a sexual

Psyche profound impact

Growing up

Impossible

Becmes a powerful form of censorship

Intimate deep-seated

Survival

Influence the

Nature of space

I'd like to speak phenomenon

denial censorship

- Adrienne Adeyemi, Age 17

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

It's weird to see my old poetry... Especially since I'm seventeen now! :)

4:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 16.02
polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, jordan shoes, tiffany jewelry, ugg boots, nike air max, prada handbags, nike air max, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, cheap oakley sunglasses, replica watches, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, louis vuitton, louboutin, longchamp, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, ray ban sunglasses, tory burch outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, michael kors, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, nike free, burberry, michael kors outlet, nike outlet, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet online

10:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

air force, nike huarache, north face, vanessa bruno, hermes, mulberry, timberland, michael kors, sac longchamp, coach outlet, nike roshe, sac guess, replica handbags, abercrombie and fitch, michael kors, hollister, nike roshe run, nike air max, oakley pas cher, new balance pas cher, coach purses, michael kors, nike blazer, lacoste pas cher, longchamp, lululemon, air jordan pas cher, michael kors, air max, converse pas cher, tn pas cher, louboutin pas cher, true religion jeans, north face, burberry, true religion jeans, vans pas cher, true religion outlet, longchamp pas cher, nike free, nike air max, ralph lauren uk, nike trainers, hollister pas cher, hogan, nike air max, nike free run uk, ray ban uk, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher

10:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, barbour, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, bottes ugg, replica watches, wedding dresses, converse outlet, links of london, supra shoes, marc jacobs, moncler, doudoune canada goose, ugg pas cher, moncler, canada goose, sac louis vuitton pas cher, moncler outlet, swarovski crystal, moncler, hollister, moncler, coach outlet, canada goose, swarovski, canada goose, ugg boots uk, montre pas cher, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, pandora charms, moncler, pandora jewelry, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, lancel, moncler, doke gabbana outlet, juicy couture outlet, karen millen, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, moncler, barbour jackets, toms shoes
ninest123 16.02

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home